Position Title: Operations Manager (Full-Time)
Reports To: Deputy Director
Status: Exempt, salaried, at-will, 37.5 hours per week
Pay rate: $64,480 annually
The Children’s Creativity Museum (CCM) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping children ages 2-12 build creative confidence through interactive, multimedia art-and-science experiences. Our mission is to nurture creativity and collaboration in all children and families. We believe that creative expression, innovation, and critical thinking are core to fostering the next generation.
CCM has always been led by a director of color. Our Board and staff are roughly 50 percent people of color. We see ourselves in many historically underserved communities and we actively reach diverse audiences through participation in museum access programs, free outdoor festivals and community events, and free field trips for Title 1 schools and community-based summer camps.
The Operations Manager is responsible for day-to-day administrative and operational functions including, but not limited to, office management, employee business and human resources services, public interactions (including administrative support for our educational programs), and procurement. Additional responsibilities include front desk engagement on the public floor on Sundays (occasional other days of the week as assigned) and project management for Board, grant-funded, civic, and research engagements. This position is a member of the museum leadership team.
CCM prides itself on providing a safe space in which staff of all backgrounds can bring their full, creative selves to work. As a member of our small but mighty team, you will be encouraged to brainstorm, collaborate, and have fun(!) as we live our Imagine-Create-Share creativity cycle everyday.
- Organize and conduct office operations. Establish and maintain CCM’s electronic and hard copy files (including our shared Google drive), order and manage office and facility supplies, and ensure that office systems and equipment are functional. Pick-up and process mail twice weekly and monitor/respond to inquiries received through firstname.lastname@example.org and our main phone line. Provide basic IT support to staff, including assistance with presentation and video conferencing setup as well as occasional technical support for exhibits during operating hours.
- Work with the Deputy Director, Accounting Coordinator (volunteer), and CCM’s external accounting firm to complete weekly and monthly finance activities tied to accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and administrative record-keeping. Provide financial analysis and reports as requested to support Board and staff decision-making, including attendance, sales, and other business-related functions. (CCM uses Blackbaud Altru as our ticketing and CRM system). Ensure that City, State, and Federal permits, fees, and licenses; vendor contracts; and other service providers are reviewed, renewed/concluded, and tracked annually. Work with the Deputy Director, external accounting firm, and external audit firm to conduct an annual fiscal year audit as needed.
- Manage CCM’s monthly staffing calendar and work in partnership with the Education Team Co-Managers to produce weekly floor schedules for general admission days (museum and carousel). Provide administrative processing for field trip and camp registrations as requested.
- Serve as CCM’s human resources primary point of contact, working closely with the Deputy Director, Accounting Coordinator (volunteer), and CCM’s external payroll and human resources benefits providers. Coordinate human resources functions including recruitment, onboarding, payroll, benefits, and personnel records management. Update employee handbook and monitor communications from City, State, and Federal agencies. Write job descriptions and support the annual performance reflection/assessment process.
- Engage visitors at the front desk as scheduled during museum operating hours, facilitating admissions and membership sales. Act as manager on duty as needed during museum and/or carousel operating hours, ensuring:
- Visitor safety at all times, especially in case of emergencies
- Positive visitor interactions at front of house operations (museum and carousel)
- Response to accidents and injuries with basic First Aid, ensuring that incident reports are completed and filed as needed
- Proper cash handling, including museum and carousel daily sales
- Fulfillment of end of day procedures
- Support the Executive Director and Deputy Director with project management, scheduling, and logistics as requested, including (but not limited to): Board communications and meetings, grant-funded projects and activities, speaking or research partnerships, civic engagements, and other business meetings.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to interact positively with people of all ages and backgrounds in an inclusive environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication, project management, and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects in a timely fashion
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Solid understanding of accounting principles, bookkeeping practices, and financial reporting is desired (Xero and Bill.com preferred)
- Experience with human resources, including recruiting and benefits, is preferred
- Familiarity with customer relationship databases (Blackbaud’s Altru preferred) and Google Workspace
- Professional discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods; able to bend, squat, and lift up to 20 lbs
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your first and last name in the subject line. The Children’s Creativity Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity at all levels.