Position Title: On-Call Educator
Reports To: Senior Educator
Status: On-call, non-exempt, at-will, hourly
The Children’s Creativity Museum is a hands-on multimedia art and technology experience designed to build creative confidence. Our mission is to nurture creativity and collaboration in all children and families. We believe that creative expression, innovation and critical thinking are core to fostering the next generation.
Our On-Call Educators work with the Senior Educators, other CCM Educators, and Education Interns to serve general admission visitors in our interactive exhibit spaces and facilitate special programming (including workshops, museum events, summer camps, etc.).
- Work with Educators and Volunteers during general admission hours to teach basic, intermediate, and advanced art and technology skills to youth and families
- Assist with special events, programs, and workshops, including field trips and camps during school breaks
- Prepare, maintain, and troubleshoot equipment and supplies in the exhibit/production areas; identify and report status of exhibits and supplies
- Responsible for opening and closing the museum floor and reporting on all issues related to running the museum
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience or interest in teaching or working with youth in the visual, media, or performing arts
- Strong interest in art, education, STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) education, museum studies, or media studies desired
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outgoing, self-motivated, and creative problem-solver
- Ability to teach a variety of ages in a non-classroom setting
- Ability to learn new software programs and communicate their uses to students and teachers
- Able to interact with and manage large groups
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The ideal candidate will possess all of the above minimum qualifications plus a flexible approach to problem-solving and a dedication to working in a non-profit, educational, arts environment for youth. We seek enthusiastic team players who are highly self-directed, deadline-oriented, forward thinking, and detail-oriented. Completion of or active progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (ideally in education, arts, or electronic media) is desired.
Schedule: Weekends, weekdays, evenings, and/or holidays as scheduled; especially seeking Saturday and Sunday availability
Desired Start Date: June 1, 2022
Send a cover letter and resume by email to ?firstname.lastname@example.org? with your FIRST and LAST NAME and On-Call Educator in the subject line.
The Children’s Creativity Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity at all levels.