Position Title: Community Collaboration Coordinator (Full-Time)
Manager: Executive Director
Status: Exempt, salaried, at-will, 37.5 hours per week
Compensation: $48,000 - $51,000 annually
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday during business hours with occasional shifts on evenings and/or holidays
The Children’s Creativity Museum (CCM) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping children ages 2-12 build creative confidence through interactive, multimedia art-and-science experiences. Our mission is to nurture creativity and collaboration in all children and families. We believe that creative expression, innovation, and critical thinking are core to fostering the next generation.
CCM has always been led by a director of color. Our Board and staff are roughly 50 percent people of color. We see ourselves in many historically underserved communities and we actively reach diverse audiences through participation in museum access programs, free outdoor festivals and community events, and free field trips for Title 1 schools and community-based summer camps.
The Community Collaboration Coordinator is responsible for managing public art-and-science partnerships, curriculum development for grant-funded projects, and overseeing CCM’s field trip program. The Coordinator will also have some museum responsibilities as floor coordinator, museum educator, manager-on-duty for partnership engagements, and targeted mentorship for interns and volunteers.
CCM prides itself on providing a safe space in which staff of all backgrounds can bring their full, creative selves to work. As a member of our small but mighty team, you will be encouraged to brainstorm, collaborate, and have fun(!) as we live our Imagine-Create-Share creativity cycle everyday.
- Public Art-and-Science Partnerships: Lead community partnerships for artists-in-residency programs at CCM as well as partner with existing public art initiatives within the Yerba Buena Gardens neighborhood/SOMA Pilipinas Filipino Heritage District and national networks or initiatives funded by institutional grants. Duties include: aligning internal resources to develop, fabricate, and install public art at CCM; partnering with community-based organizations to select artists-in-residence; serving as the CCM liaison with selected artists; co-developing interpretive programming; creating training materials and ensuring public dissemination (including digital supplementary materials); experimenting with new technology; and producing external communications.
- Curriculum Developer: Develop, test, and implement new curriculum for field trips, online programming, and educator professional development around digital technology and public art.
- Field Trip Program: Align internal resources to lead the field trip program, including strategy, registration, promotion, evaluation, reporting, staffing, and curriculum development. CCM’s field trip program runs year-round and serves both PK-12 schools (academic year) and out-of-school programs (afterschool and summers).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (master's preferred) with experience developing educational curricula for grades K-8
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects in a timely fashion; highly-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to interact positively with people of all ages and backgrounds in an inclusive environment
- Facility with customer relationship databases (Blackbaud’s Altru preferred) and Google Workspace
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods; able to bend, squat, and lift up to 20 lbs
- A working knowledge of the nonprofit sector and familiarity with our diverse Yerba Buena neighborhood and its constituents (for example, such as the Filipino/AAPI arts and cultural organizations in San Francisco) is preferred
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your first and last name in the subject line. The Children’s Creativity Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity at all levels. We will start reviewing applications on April 24th, 2023.