2017 Creativity Festival
Sunday, September 17, 2017 | 10:00am – 4:00pm | FREE family-friendly activities
Join us in celebrating the creative and innovative spirit of San Francisco with a variety of hands-on, family-friendly activities throughout the Yerba Buena Children’s Garden. Hosted in partnership with the Yerba Buena Gardens Festival and the Yerba Buena Community Benefit District, all ages are invited to:
- Enjoy live clowning performances by Unique Derique
- Experience MoAD in the Classroom, the Museum of the African Diaspora’s art-based visual literacy program
- Fog Painting – Apply science and watercolor painting to create a foggy explosion
- City Lights Cyanotypes – See your cityscape go from day to night as we explore with cyanotype paper
- Fuzzy City – Design a felt city at our fuzzy engineering table
- How High Can it Go? – Engineer a building that pushes the limits of gravity. Then, conduct structural testing at the wind and earthquake stations.
- Slime Time! – Experiment with different ingredients to create your own slime
- Parachutes and Flying Machines – Design and test your own parachutes and flying machines using a zipline
- And join Toca Boca with a surprise hands-on activity!
This event is FREE thanks to the support of the Yerba Buena Community Benefit District.
Creativity Festival activities will be held in the Children’s Garden and are free for all ages. General museum admission is $12.95 for ages two and older.