When we opened our doors in 1998, we were named Zeum and we were a new type of museum. Designed to be a “digital playground,” we envisioned a place where youth of all backgrounds could come together, tell their stories, and be introduced to new technologies.
While our neighborhood and the technology may have changed, our belief that children need creative confidence has not changed. Even with a new name, we still believe that creative expression through digital technology empowers our children to find their voices and unleash their imaginations.
Today, this is still our vision.
In twenty years, the Children’s Creativity Museum has served about 1.3 million visitors. These days, it is not uncommon to meet a parent or grandparent who visited years ago, and is now returning with the next generation of creators.
The words, “What will you create?” will continue to welcome families into the future.
INTERNATIONAL ART COMPETITION – Theme – Music of Life
Youth ages 2 to 18 are invited to participate in this juried international art show!
- What is music and where can you find it?
- What types of sounds inspire your art?
- How does music enhance your life?
- Please include: Art Medium, Child’s Name, Age, and Location.
- Physical submissions may be hand delivered to Children’s Creativity Museum front desk, with a Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope if you want art returned.
- Art must be flat (2D) such as photography, drawing, painting or illustration.
- Size must be 16 x 20” or smaller and made in long-lasting materials.
- Artworks can be mixed media/relief, but must fit in a picture frame, sorry NO sculptures.
- Must be submitted with Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope if you want to have the art returned.
- Digital submissions can be scanned or photographed art or original digital art.
- File size must be 300DPI and at least 3300 x 2550 pixels.
October 15, 2019 – Submission Deadline
November 24, 2019 – Award Ceremony in the Theater from 1- 6 pm.
The show runs from November 2019 to May 2020!
Please email to questions and digital submissions to: email@example.com