The mission of the Children’s Creativity Museum is to nurture creativity and collaboration in all children and families. By providing a safe environment for young children to engage in play-based learning and for older children to tackle hands-on design challenges, we build creative confidence and collaboration skills that are essential for school and life.
We believe that the ability to create and collaborate with others is a character trait that can be developed over time. Creativity and collaboration skills are not defined by race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, income, or political party - they are learned in equitable and inclusive settings. Children respond positively to role models from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life. We strongly believe that these interactions inspire the next generation of critical thinkers, designers, storytellers, and problem solvers.
Your gift to the Children’s Creativity Museum provides essential support, building creative confidence and collaboration skills for children in our community.
During the pandemic, your gift:
- Provides free, online activities that encourage families to exercise creativity and collaboration skills safely at home and in outdoor spaces
- Brings our signature museum experiences online through Outschool and virtual field trips (coming soon!)
- Helps parents-turned-distance learning educators inject creativity-boosting prompts into their daily interactions
- Distributes hands-on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) kits through local Boys and Girls Clubs, the YMCA, and our Filipino neighborhood organization, Galing Bata
- Promotes civic action that empowers children to exercise their voices as advocates for voting, inclusion, and tolerance
- Shares practices with museums and educational institutions through national coalitions
We are a small, community-based museum and every gift counts. Imagine, create, and share with us by making your donation today!