The mission of the Children’s Creativity Museum is to nurture creativity and collaboration in all children and families. By providing a safe environment for young children to engage in play-based learning and for older children to tackle hands-on design challenges, we build creative confidence and collaboration skills that are essential for school and life.
We believe that the ability to create and collaborate with others is a character trait that can be developed over time. Creativity and collaboration skills are not defined by race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, income, or political party - they are learned in equitable and inclusive settings. Children respond positively to role models from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life. We strongly believe that these interactions inspire the next generation of critical thinkers, designers, storytellers, and problem solvers.
Your gift to the Children’s Creativity Museum provides essential support, building creative confidence and collaboration skills for children in our community.
- Provides free access to our museum and LeRoy King Carousel to eligible families through the Museums for All program (an initiative of the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Association of Children’s Museums, endorsed by the City and County of San Francisco)
- Offers free, online activities that encourage families to exercise creativity and collaboration skills at home and in outdoor spaces
- Enables educator-led interactions in community spaces such as the Yerba Buena Children’s Garden and Salesforce Park
- Brings our signature museum experiences online through virtual classes and field trips
- Distributes hands-on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) activities through local Boys and Girls Clubs, the YMCA, and the Filipino Education Center Galing Bata program
- Promotes civic action, empowering children to exercise their voices as advocates for empathy, inclusion, and tolerance
- Helps parents, caregivers, and educators inject creativity-boosting prompts into their daily interactions
- Engages staff in communities of learning, sharing practices with colleagues through regional, state, and national coalitions
We are a small, community-based museum and every gift counts. Imagine, create, and share with us by making your donation today!