This 45-minute field trip introduces students to the scientific method through observing experiments with the non-Newtonian fluid oobleck. Educators facilitate an interactive experience that brings out childrens’ inner scientists! Students are introduced to new vocabulary, help our educator walk through the process of making Oobleck on screen, answer fun questions based on the scientific method , and end with an Oobleck Freeze Dance Party! This field trip will come with a 15 storytelling minute video to watch beforehand.
Grades: Pre-K through 2nd
Days of the Week: Tuesday through Friday
Times: 9:00 to 9:45 am; 10:00 to 10:45am
Cost: $150/session; Fee-waivers available for Title I Schools
- TECHNOLOGY DELIVERY MODE: Zoom. Audio/Video tests by request only. Please contact us if you have questions about your technology needs.
- RESCHEDULING: If a virtual field trip needs to be rescheduled due to unforeseen technical issues or other emergencies, we will try to reschedule within the following two weeks at no extra charge.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: You are eligible for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase. Cancellations must be made at least 5 days prior to the scheduled virtual field trip. Failure to cancel in advance will result in being charged the full price of the program.
- LATE ENTRY: If your class has not joined the zoom meeting 15 minutes after the class’s start time, the meeting may be canceled, at the CCM Educator’s discretion. This is considered a missed field trip and you are not entitled to a refund.
- CONTACT: For all cancellations, rescheduling, or other communications please email email@example.com.
"The best parts of the field trip were when students got to watch the teacher manipulate the oobleck and watch the oobleck dance. The students were really engaged! There is so much about virtual learning that doesn't keep the students' attention... but this field trip definitely did! I also loved the read-aloud video before the field trip. Overall this was one of the strongest virtual field trips I've experienced this year, thank you!"
- Anna Banchero
"Ms. Justine was very engaging and got the students excited about making slime. I showed the Oobleck read-aloud video prior to the actual field trip so the students were excited to see Ms. Justine on Zoom. Connecting the experiment to the read-aloud was very valuable so that students had some background knowledge about what to expect. The visuals, opportunity for students to get up and dance, and seeing the slime move was a great way to get students excited about virtual learning while learning a science standard about solids and liquids. My students couldn't stop talking about the moving Oobleck and parents were also thankful that their children got to experience something fun and different during virtual learning. This virtual field trip felt like I was watching a science show for kids!"
- Anilee Leal
"Getting kids more excited about science was great. I'm glad that you focused on making observations as many students have a misconception that science is all about doing the "experiments". I loved how all of my students that wanted to participate were able to via the chat or sharing out loud. "
- Jennifer Silver
"The hands-on learning and joy for science fostered through this field trip was incredibly valuable to our students"
- Julie Kim