In this hour-long field trip students learn from a live educator about how NASA scientists study extremophiles on Earth to imagine the variety of life that might exist elsewhere, and make predictions about where to look for it. CCM educators then introduce a hands-on and collaborative activity in which learners work together to imagine and draw an extreme environment beyond Earth then invent a living thing that could thrive in it. Filled with polls, breakout sessions, and opportunities to chat and share, your students will love this fun and sciency experience!
Grades: 3rd Grade and Up
Days of the Week: Tuesday through Friday
Times: 1:30-2:30 pm; 2:30-3:30 pm
Cost: $200/session; Fee-waivers available for Title I Schools
- TECHNOLOGY DELIVERY MODE: Zoom. Audio/Video tests by request only. Please contact us if you have questions about your technology needs.
- RESCHEDULING: If a virtual field trip needs to be rescheduled due to unforeseen technical issues or other emergencies, we will try to reschedule within the following two weeks at no extra charge.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: You are eligible for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase. Cancellations must be made at least 5 days prior to the scheduled virtual field trip. Failure to cancel in advance will result in being charged the full price of the program.
- LATE ENTRY: If your class has not joined the zoom meeting 15 minutes after the class’s start time, the meeting may be canceled, at the CCM Educator’s discretion. This is considered a missed field trip and you are not entitled to a refund.
- CONTACT: For all cancellations, rescheduling, or other communications please email email@example.com.