Summer 2021 Education Internship
Are you interested in working at a leading children’s museum and want to be at the forefront of developing a new museum experience for visitors? The Children’s Creativity Museum has just the internship for you!
The Children’s Creativity Museum in San Francisco is an innovative art and technology experience for children ages 2-12 and their families. Our mission is to nurture creativity and collaboration in all children and families. We believe that creative expression, innovation, and critical thinking are core to fostering the next generation.
What you will do as an Education Intern
You will assist the Education Team in developing new, unique curriculum for museum families to engage in virtually. As city safety guidelines are updated, the ability to work onsite at Children’s Creativity Museum may also be an option.
- Assist in the development of onsite and virtual experiences and curriculum for the San Francisco Community
- Assist Educators with facilitation of virtual programming for ages children ages 2-12 including online workshops, virtual camps, or in person camps (if applicable)
- Facilitate programming on-site and behind-the-scenes at the museum when needed, if applicable
- Prepare and maintain museum supplies if applicable
- Attend weekly virtual Professional Development training workshops every Tuesday
- Other duties as assigned
Note on in-person activities:
Our On-Site Experiences and Internship will follow all safety and social distancing guidelines in accordance with the Center for Disease Control to ensure the wellbeing of staff and participants.
- Virtual Orientation and on-boarding will be Tuesday, June 15th.
- Minimum 15 hours per week required virtually or on-site (if applicable) from June 15th, 2021- August 10th, 2021 (10 weeks)
- Applicants must be able to commit to the full internship from June 15th to August 10th, 2021 (however, early departure can be arranged, if needed)
- Virtual attendance on Tuesdays from 11:30-1:30 (2 hours) for Professional Development trainings are mandatory
- The additional 13 hours per week can be divided between weekdays depending on individual needs/schedules
Benefits of the Internship
- College credit where applicable
- Bi-weekly meetings with a mentor from CCM’s Education Department to support professional growth
- Specialized track based on personal goals and interests
- Weekly Professional Development workshops focused on informal teaching and learning strategies, child development, behavior management, creative problem solving, CCM’s educational philosophy, and more!
- A look into the behind the scenes of a leading Children’s Museum with an emphasis on digital learning
- Become part of a worldwide network of professionals
- A creative fast-paced and collaborative working environment, surrounded by fun and innovative co-workers!
- Strong interest in art, education, museum studies, or media studies encouraged
- Experience working with children or a desire to learn about education
- Good computer skills on both Macs and PC’s, working knowledge of media arts applications and the ability to learn and teach new software
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Art majors encouraged to apply
- Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Tagalog is a plus
- Must have earned or be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
Applications may be submitted starting February 1st, 2021 using the form below. Interviews for those who are eligible will be conducted virtually on a rolling basis. Applicants must complete the following form provided in the link below and upload their resume by 11:00 PM PST on May 24th, 2021.