2016 MAKER CORPS MEMBER PROGRAM
The Children’s Creativity Museum has been selected by Maker Ed as a 2016 Maker Corps host site. Now in its fourth year, Maker Ed collaborates with organizations nation-wide to bring maker activities and approaches to the communities they serve. Through this partnership, two qualified Maker Corps members will have the exciting opportunity to create and facilitate hands-on programming here at the Children’s Creativity Museum in San Francisco.
The Children’s Creativity Museum is a hands-on, multimedia arts and technology experience for kids. Our mission is to nurture creativity and collaboration in all children and families. We believe that creative expression, innovation, and critical thinking are core to fostering the next generation.
- Minimum 19.5 hours per week (9:30- 4:30 three days per week, Tuesday-Sunday)
- Training and orientation will be held on May 31, 2016
- Applicants must be able to commit to full internship, May 31 through mid/late August
- $1,000 stipend
- Plan and facilitate maker workshops for children ages 2-12 years-old
- Design, plan and prototype a maker workshops to be used in the InnovatED program
- Assist in maker-focused weekend workshops
- Assist in a maker-focused summer camp
- Work with Educators during General Admission hours to teach basic, intermediate and advanced art and technology skills to youth and families
- Prepare, maintain and troubleshoot equipment and supplies in the exhibit/production areas; identify and report status of exhibits and supplies
- Responsible for opening and closing the museum floor and reporting on all issues related to running the museum.
- Strong interest in creativity, DIY art, education, science projects, museum studies and making things
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with children
- Passion for educating
- The ability to engage effectively with children, adults, and CCM staff
- Fluency in a second language a plus
- Experience working with families and community groups, strongly desired
We are not longer accepting applications for our 2016 Maker Corps Member Program.